Frequently Asked Questions
Help file contains helpful search tips and more instructions for using the online archive.
- How do I get the hi-res version of an image?
- All of the images that we provide are the highest quality available. We have a mixture of hard copy, color transparency, and digital originals. Most of our images are 8x10 inch, 300 dpi jpgs. If you are not satisfied, we can perform additional color correction and/or restoration on vintage photos.
*Note: New clients are initially given limited access to high resolution images. If you are a new client, please send us the images you need, and we will email the high resolution photos.
- How do I download or send multiple images at a time?
- Images may only be downloaded one at a time, but you can also send an eFolio, which is an email containing download links to all of the images in your Portfolio.
- Why isn't my password working?
- First, make sure that you are entering your password correctly. Passwords are case-sensitive. If you have copy and pasted your password, you may have accidentally pasted an additional space. Try typing in your password instead.
Occasionally, we disable users who abuse their downloading privileges or have overdue payments. To prevent problems, do not share your password with anyone. Please contact us if you believe that your account has been wrongly terminated.
- I forgot my login/password, how do I get a new one?
- If you have forgotten your login, contact us and we will provide you with a new password.
- Why am I having trouble opening downloaded images?
- This problem is more common for Mac users. If you are using Firefox, try a different browser (e.g. Safari or Internet Explorer). Sometimes the file name gets truncated and won't open because the '.jpg' extension gets cut off. Rename the file (use a name shorter than 32 characters), and verify that the file ends with '.jpg'. Contact us if you still can't open the image.
- Why won't my eFolio images open?
- This problem is more common for Mac users. Try using the PC link if the Mac link doesn't work. Sometimes the file name gets truncated and won't open because the '.jpg' extension gets cut off. Rename the file (use a name shorter than 32 characters), and verify that the file ends with '.jpg'. Contact us if you still can't open the image.
- Can I save my shopping cart selections?
- If you log out, your Portfolio (shopping cart) will be emptied. To save your selections, you must create and email yourself an eFolio.
- Do I get billed for each download?
- No, you are not charged per download. You will only be billed for the images that you use. You must report usage to our accounting department as soon as possible. Please be aware that we do track download activity, and if you download images without reporting usage, we may call you to check on your account status.